sge_submit_workers - submit work_queue_worker to a SUN Grid Engine (SGE).
****sge_submit_workers [options] <servername> <port> <num-workers>****
when auto mode is not enabled for the worker, or
****sge_submit_workers [options] <num-workers>****
when auto mode is enabled for the worker.
sge_submit_workers schedules the execution of work_queue_worker(1) on the SUN Grid Engine (SGE) through its job submission interface, qsub. The number of work_queue_worker scheduled and run is given by the num-workers argument.
The servername and port arguments specify the hostname and port number of the manager for the work_queue_worker to connect. These two arguments become optional when the auto mode option is specified for work_queue_worker.
- -M --manager-name
Name of the preferred manager for worker. (auto mode enabled)
- -N --name
Preferred project name for work_queue_worker to connect. (auto mode enabled)
- -C --catalog
Set catalog server for work_queue_worker to . format: HOSTNAME:PORT.
- -t --timeout
Abort work_queue_worker after this amount of idle time (default=900s).
- -d --debug
Enable debugging on worker for this subsystem (try -d all to start).
- -w --tcp-window-size
Set TCP window size
- -i --min-backoff Set initial value for backoff interval when worker fails to connect to a manager. (default=1s)
- -b --max-backoff Set maxmimum value for backoff interval when worker fails to connect to a manager. (default=60s)
- -z --disk-threshold
Set available disk space threshold (in MB). When exceeded worker will clean up and reconnect. (default=100MB)
- -A --arch
Set architecture string for the worker to report to manager instead of the value in uname.
- -O --os
Set operating system string for the worker to report to manager instead of the value in uname.
- -s --workdir
Set the location for creating the working directory of the worker.
- -P ----password
Password file to authenticate workers to manager.
- --cores cores Set the number of cores each worker should use (0=auto). (default=1)
- --memory size Manually set the amonut of memory (in MB) reported by this worker.
- --disk size Manually set the amount of disk (in MB) reported by this worker.
- -j Use job array to submit workers.
- -p parameters SGE qsub parameters.
- -h,--help Show help message.
On success, returns zero. On failure, returns non-zero.
Submit 10 worker instances to run on SGE and connect to a specific manager:
sge_submit_workers manager.somewhere.edu 9123 10
Submit 10 work_queue_worker instances to run on SGE in auto mode with their preferred project name set to Project_A and abort timeout set to 3600 seconds:
sge_submit_workers -a -t 3600 -M Project_A 10
The Cooperative Computing Tools are Copyright (C) 2005-2019 The University of Notre Dame. This software is distributed under the GNU General Public License. See the file COPYING for details.
- Cooperative Computing Tools Documentation
- Work Queue User Manual
- work_queue_worker(1) work_queue_status(1) work_queue_factory(1) condor_submit_workers(1) sge_submit_workers(1) torque_submit_workers(1)
CCTools 8.0.0 DEVELOPMENT released on